- Master of Military Operational Art and Science- AIR UNIVERSITY, Air Command and Staff College
- Master of Business Administration- DUKE UNIVERSITY, The Fuqua School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts in History- THE CITADEL, Military College of South Carolina
- Squadron Officer School, Air and Space Basic Course, Combat Advisor Training, Contingency War Planner’s Course, Logistics Readiness Officer School
After graduating from the Citadel in 2001, I commissioned in the United States Air Force shortly after 9/11. Serving my country has been the greatest honor of my life. I’ve deployed to Afghanistan twice as a Combat Advisor for Afghan military and police forces. After 10 years on active duty, I joined the Air Force Reserve in 2011. I’ve been blessed with three beautiful children and the perfect wife.
I joined CrossFit Goliath in 2014 seeking to increase my functional fitness. As a military member and a parent of three, fitness is a non-negotiable requirement. Before CrossFit, I caught the triathlon bug and competed in two half-Ironman races but that was before three children. Few parents have time for 3-hour workout sessions. CrossFit Goliath provided a means to increase my functional fitness in minimal time.
First CrossFit Experience
My first month in CrossFit was a blur. Honestly, I can’t remember a single workout. That’s by design. I tried not to think about it. I thought to myself, just keep moving. All I remember is being sore… in a good way. Just make it through week two, hang in there. I made it. The soreness subsided. The gains came quickly thereafter. By the end of the third month, I realized that CrossFit was a game changer for me and I’ve gone all-in since.
Favorite Lift/WOD, Favorite Coaching Moment
My favorite workout is Murph- 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, and 1 mile run, all with 20lb vest. It’s long and brutal, but motivating. Murph epitomizes the deep ties that CrossFit has with our military and first responders. LT Michael Murphy gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country. Completing this workout and any other “hero” workout is a privilege I shall never take for granted. My favorite coaching moment has been coaching my own kids in CrossFit. I judged my 8-yr old daughter in a scaled version of Fran last year. It was awesome. When the parents do it, the kids will too and active kids are happy kids.
- Get CrossFit Level 2 certification
- Get CrossFit Kids certification
- Open my own box after I retire from the military